Hey There, Beautiful!


Dear Daughter,

You ARE beautiful!

Do you forget that I knitted you together in your mother's womb? In my eyes you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are perfectly beautiful.

So why do I see you wrinkling your nose in disgust when you gaze at your reflection? 

Is it the gray hairs? That is the crown of glory that I reserve for those who are wise.

Is it the wrinkles and crows feet adorning your face? You are beautiful when you laugh; your nose crinkles up and your eyes dance. You should laugh more. Because it's beautiful.

Is it the dark circles under your eyes? Is that why you plaster your face with make-up? To hide your unwanted blemishes? Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears ME shall be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)

Is it your figure? Why are you so hard on yourself? Why do you compare? I created you and it hurts me when you don't appreciate the way I designed you.

Is it your clothing? Do not clothe yourself outwardly, by braiding your hair and by wearing jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in MY sight. (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Be You.

That's what honors me. Stop trying to be someone different. Or looking different. I am madly in love with you, my daughter! My love will quench your thirst for acceptance. My love will extinguish your comparisons.

Let me in. Let me consume you.

Stop trying to be fulfilled by the world. That's a lie and it won't make you happy. Fill yourself with MY love and MY Word. Then you will be filled. "But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. The water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14

Nothing blesses and excites me more than to see you using MY gifts to bless others. You have so many positive qualities and beautiful gifts.

That's why I want you to be happy and content and confident in being YOU.

Because you ARE beautiful.

Be-YOU-tiful



This sign can be purchased from my friend's etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/126372726/beyoutiful-handpainted-wood-sign?ref=listing-shop-header-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage