Payback

There once was a naughty child. A child who liked to misbehave in order to get attention. A child who smashed ripening peaches in a basement during playgroup. A child who tore down Sunday School decorations in a classroom. A child who learned the hard way that tic tacs are not meant for noses.

Believe it or not, that child was me.

And today, I received payback in full.

You see, I have a child who has kept me praying since the day he was born.


From his hospitalization at 2 weeks old for croup & RSV...


To never-ending toddler messes...




To...today

Notice that nice little bag of trail mix clutched in his hand? This picture was taken following my oldest son's pre-school graduation and just moments before he decided to stick a sunflower seed from his snack, up his nose!

Oh stress. Calls to the doctor, tweezers, "Mother's Kiss" technique. None if this could get that stubborn little seed back out. We were so close and I asked him to blow out one more time. If this didn't work, we were going to the doctor. 

So, my 3 year old proceeds to do one massive snuff....IN! To my horror, I could no longer see the seed. Delighted, he looks at me and says, "Don't feel it anymore!" 

Now we wait and hope and pray the seed miraculously works itself out without causing any infection.

Maybe your day has been full of surprises and unwanted drama too. Is it possible to welcome these challenges? When we have God beside us and His Spirit within us, nothing is impossible for us to face. The only way we will survive chaotic and demanding days is to grasp onto Jesus. Tell Him your fears and your troubles and he will fill you with peace. Don't let your unraveling world scare you. Trust and thank Him, no matter the outcome of your situations. 

Maybe you are in a season of waiting, unsure of how God will choose to move or heal. God wants to you relax and be still. Let Him transform your heart and mind. Give Him total control because He is the author of your life and creator of your being. He cares deeply for you and all your needs. Surrender your burdens to Him and let Him do the carrying.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage