Embrace the Journey

Ever have one of those days where it feels everything you start, ends in failure or disaster? Or maybe life's circumstances just have you down of late. Maybe you can identify with Charlie Brown:

Funny, but oh, so true. 

Sometimes it is so easy to enjoy the paved roads and smooth sidewalks through  life, but what do we do when the road gets rocky and bumpy? Do we press on, knowing that God balances rain with sunshine, storms with peace, tears with laughter?

Psalm 91:15 says, "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. Do we have the courage to look away from ourselves and our difficulties and turn, in faith, to look to Christ?

Whatever journey God may be taking you on right now, remember God never wastes 'detours.' How much of our journey do we overlook because we are too busy focused on tomorrow? I encourage you to embrace the now.

If anyone is a pro at overcoming obstacles, that reward could go to Jesus. He was born into a poor family, a member of a rejected minority race. He grew up in a little town of Nazareth where it was scorned, "Can anything good come from there?" He surrounded himself with ordinary friends; one became a traitor and another denied even knowing Him. Jesus was called a liar, glutton, drunkard, and a man associated with the devil. People twisted His words and questioned His motives, but Jesus continued to do God's will no matter the cost. Even to death on a cross.

We sang Rend Collective's "My Lighthouse" last Sunday at church and it's been on my heart this week. How reassuring that God won't walk out on all our failures and His love can lead us through anything! Look to Him in any dark storms causing you turmoil. And hear His whisper, "Just wait, my daughter, it will make sense someday. Until then, embrace the journey."






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage