"Comforter Zone"

Typically, I find myself to be a morning person. I don't mind rising before the sun in order to enjoy the peaceful stillness. But, even my love of the morning hours could not draw me out of bed the last several weeks. I was secretly hoping the upcoming time change would alter that.

But, even after catching up on sleep over the weekend, this morning was incredibly hard. I did not want to greet the cold, dark world by leaving the comfort of my warm, soft bed. I want to nestle down into my comforter and pretend I had no responsibilities!

As I pried myself from bed and shook the sleepy cobwebs from my head, I felt the Holy Spirit remind me that what is true in the physical, is often true in the spiritual.

Have I found myself in a comfortable rut in life?

Have I stopped pursuing the cold, dark world in exchange for the comfort and warmth of my own personal life?

It hurt to think about the truth of my answers.

Of course He continued to speak through His Word as I opened my Bible to 1 Peter 2:9, 11-12: "You are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful lights. I warn you as temporary residents and foreigners to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then, even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior and they will give honor to God when he judges the world."

How quickly I forget my mission field as a homemaker.

Even though the people I come into contact with, in a simple day, are few in number and very ordinary in stature, God needs me.

Even though I mess up and I don't always have the right words, God will use me. 

And it's not up to me to be looking and arranging these God moments with people. God orchestrates it all if we ask Him to. We just have to show up and be in tune to His nudging and guidance. His words will fill our mouths if I let them.

Our actions do speak louder than words to those who are watching. May people see Jesus when they see us.

May we all have the courage to break free from our binding comfort zones and pursue the great things God has in store to do through us. May we be humble and willing vessels, shining His light into the dark and hopeless world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage