Fiery Prayer

I desire a revival. A spiritual revival that first begins in our personal lives, permeates into our communities, and eventually transforms our nation and our world.

"Where and how can this revival happen?" you ask. I recently watched the movie "War Room" and sense that revival can happen when all that prayer power is put into practice. If you haven't seen the movie, I strongly urge you to! I truly believe this can be life-changing.

In all honesty, prayer and intercession does not come easy for me. Back when I served in missions in South East Asia, I spent many hours kneeling on the cement floor interceding for the persecuted church and various ministries. I sensed the Holy Spirit's presence among these mighty women of God, who willingly spent 15 hours a week in prayer for their church, community, and the lost of their nation . Many times my human mind wandered, my back ached, or my feet numbed. But when I could finally get past my comforts and my selfish complaints, I saw God move in astounding ways. People were healed from physical diseases, delivered from hellish bondage, and angels kept Christian families safe in persecuted areas. God's power was unlocked through these mighty prayer warriors!

As "War Room" accurately portrays, God's healing power is unleashed when we humble ourselves enough to kneel to him in prayer consistently. We have powerful authority when we claim God's promises over Satan's lies and deceit.

In my reflections, I was reminded of 1 Kings 18:20-39. Elijah was challenging the prophets and worshipers of Baal. They insisted and believed that Baal was real and worshiped this idol. Elijah told them to sacrifice a bull and ask their gods to burn  it. All day they cried out, prayed, and danced for Baal, but he did not answer. Then Elijah prepared his bull to sacrifice, dug trenches around it and soaked the alter and surrounding trenches with water. Then Elijah prayed, "Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that You are God in Israel and I am Your servant, and that I have done all these things at Your word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that You are the Lord God, and that you have turned their hearts back to You again."

 Then, the fire of the Lord fell from Heaven and consumed the burnt sacrifice, the wood, the stones, the dust and licked up the water that was in the trench. When the people saw this miracle they fell on the faces and worshiped the Lord.

That is the power we have access to, folks! There is much power to be witnessed when God's people pray.

I encourage you to get on your knees about that failing marriage. Get on your knees for that cancer patient who doesn't know Christ yet. Get on your knees for your children and husband. Get on your knees for your pastors and your church. Get on your knees for this nation that is turning it's back on God. Claim back the joy, life, and promises that Satan has stolen. Call on God's name and believe that He will show up just like He did for Elijah!

I am committing to get in my war room for the next 31 days, using these Scriptures as a guide. I welcome you to join me in the battle. If there is anything specific you'd like me to intercede about, I'd love for you to share with me.


Let's pray the prayer of Elijah, "Lord of the universe, let it be known this day that You are are God and I am Your servant and that I have done all these things at Your word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that You are the Lord God, and that you have turned their hearts and lives back to You again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage