Meaning behind the name

So, what does "relinquished" exactly mean? According to the trusty dictionary, the definition is: To retire from, give up, or abandon; to put aside; to let go and surrender; release.


How appropriate that God leads me to this word. How divine that He seems to be asking me to have the focus of this coming year to relinquish my control that I want and have for my life and embrace the leading and direction of My Master.


I love this verse from Hebrews 12:1: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."


What is it holding you back? Is sin entangling you? Are fears weighing you down? Are you struggling to hand over  your control to the Master? Lets all strip these weights off and run the race that Christ desires us to...in complete freedom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foggy Twists and Turns

The Idol of Comfort

Deep Cleaning: My Pantry and My Marriage